Acne & Pimples (Yauvan Pidika)
Acne & Pimples (Yauvan Pidika)
ACNE or PIMPLES
Acne or Acne vulgaris is amongst the most common skin problem that is encountered by people of all age groups, especially teenagers.
In Ayurveda this condition is known as Yauvan Pidika or Tarunya Pidika.
According to Ayurveda, The primary cause is imbalance of the three doshas of body they are VATA, PITTA & KAPHA. Predominantly the Pitta dosha is main causative factor, which further vitiates the Rakta (blood) and Meda Dhatu (Fat tissus). Vitiated doshas produce toxins that block the energy channels of the face leading to pimple formation.
An imbalance in Vata results in impaired digestion and accumulation of toxins. An imbalance of Pitta affects the blood and liver allowing for inflammation. Excess Kapha, which controls the production of sebum, results in clogging of the pores.
Some factors that may be attributed as the cause for acne are:
a) Change in hormone levels like during puberty or menopause.
One of the main causes of acne is the production of sex hormone that begins at puberty. This explains why most acne sufferers are adolescents and teens. When the sebaceous gland is stimulated by androgens, the male hormones (which are present in both males and females) produce extra sebum or oil. When the oil gets mixed with the grime, dirt and dead skin cells, they plug up the skin pores. Clogged pores will eventually lead to blackheads or whiteheads. This produces a
b) Stress factor.
c) As a result of the reaction of some particular type of medication.
e) Moderate to severe acne vulgaris is often associated with virulent strains of Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria that live deep within follicles and pores, away from the surface of the skin. In these follicles, P. acnes bacteria use sebum and cellular debris as nutrients. Elevated production of sebum by hyperactive sebaceous glands (during teenage) and blockage of the follicle results in acne and infection.
f) Perfect environment for acne bacteria to thrive, leading to inflammation and painful acne flare-ups.
Some other Causes: Intake of fried,oily, spicy food, non-vegetarian food and junk food. Over usage of cosmetics, night awakening, Stress and anxiety, excess intake of Alcohol, smoking.
• Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
• Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
• Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
• Blackheads (open plugged pores — the oil turns brown when it is exposed to air)
• Small red, tender bumps (papules)
• Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
DIET & LIFESTYLE CHANGES:
• Proper treatment of Acne or Pimples always begins with a visit to a Doctor to obtain an accurate diagnosis.
• Avoid the intake of fried, sour, oily, spicy food, fermented foods, non-vegetarian food and junk food.
• Drink 7-8 glasses of water daily and avoid.
• Eat fresh, warm, soft, cooked foods.
• Avoid raw vegetables, salads, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cheese.
• Drink beverages at room temperature or warm.
• Avoid cold drinks and frozen desserts (such as ice cream, frozen yogurtAnchor etc.)
• Avoid chemical containing & irritant cosmetics over face.
• Do not squeeze the acne lesions.
• Do regular meditation to avoid stress.
If your Acne or Pimples are severe or recurrent please contact your Doctor or Feel free to call us for expert advice.View Home Remedies
Brahm Ayurveda offers you free online and phone consultation.
Please feel free to provide us the information as requested in the form below or make call us on 07861020100 for consulting a Brahm doctor. Our panel of top class doctors will provides the best treatment of your disease.
The information that you provide below will help us understand the specifics of your physical, mental and emotional state and condition, so that we can provide you with a personalized healthcare solution best suited to your health needs.