Acid Reflux (GERD)
Acid Reflux (GERD)
Acid reflux or Acidity or Heartburn or GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) is a condition where the acidic contents of the stomach flow back up into the esophagus. In this condition the valve between the esophagus and stomach becomes weak.
In Normal condition this valve opens to allow food in and then it close tightly. But when someone suffers with Acid reflux or GERD, this valve stays open, Its allow the Digestive (stomach) acids to flow up towards the esophagus, Its leads to burning sensation at chest (Heartburn), indigestion and many other symptoms.
As per Ayurveda this problem is occur due to aggravation or vitiation of PITTA dosha in the body.
When a person regularly or excessively take oily, spicy, salty, fried food, tea or coffee, red chilies, junk food, non-veg, pizza, burger, smoking, alcohol, carbonated beverages etc. this type of food aggravates the Heat (Pitta) in the body. It produces toxins in the stomach, these toxins are expelled upwards into the esophagus (food pipe) causing the Heartburn.
Excessive anger, stress, late night work schedule, regular intake of antibiotics and painkillers are the some other factors which may cause Acidity.
Heartburn: Burning sensation or pain or discomfort that can move up from your stomach to the middle of your abdomen and chest. It can move up to your throat.
Regurgitation: sensation of acid backing up into your throat or mouth it can produce sour or bitter taste.
Abdominal Discomfort or Dyspepsia: The stomach fullness or bloating (Gas), Nausea, Burping or Belching may occur in this condition.
DIET & LIFESTYLE CHANGES:
• Proper treatment of Acid reflux or GERD always begins with a visit to a Doctor to obtain an accurate diagnosis.
• Diet and lifestyle changes often begin with what to avoid. These include things that can trigger or worsen symptoms:
• Avoid Chocolates, tea, coffee, high fat food, raw salad, onion, peppermint, garlic, onion, citrus and tomato products.
• Avoid butter, sauces, pickle, red chili, spicy and heavy and junk food like – pizza, burger etc.
• Avoid Beans (Rajma), chick peas (Chole), lentils (Udad Dal), jackfruit, brinjal/eggplant, cauliflower etc.
• Avoid carbonated beverage, non-veg, alcohol, tobacco and smoking.
• Take bananas, melons, apples, soaked raisins and pears.
• Take Whole grains and brown rice add fiber to your diet.
• Take light and easy digested food.
• Avoid eating immediately before bed.
• Keep good posture during and after a meal: It’s a good idea to sit up while eating and avoid lying flat for a minimum of two hours after eating a meal. Standing up and walking around after a meal helps encourage gastric juices to flow in the right direction.
If your Acid reflux is severe or recurrent please contact your Doctor or Feel free to call us for expert advice.
Brahm Ayurved provide proper treatment for Acid reflux. The treatment includes Diet management, Ayurveda medicines & Panchkarma Treatment if needed.View Home Remedies
Brahm Ayurveda offers you free online and phone consultation.
Please feel free to provide us the information as requested in the form below or make call us on 07861020100 for consulting a Brahm doctor. Our panel of top class doctors will provides the best treatment of your disease.
The information that you provide below will help us understand the specifics of your physical, mental and emotional state and condition, so that we can provide you with a personalized healthcare solution best suited to your health needs.